for some reason i left the chrome book for ages and when i switched it on it tried to see what version i was running and it powered of while trying to do it, after that i got nothing just a black screen this fixes it… tried removing the battery and did nothing
To trigger recovery mode,
- Turn on your ChromeBook
- Sign on to your WiFi (if you have not previously signed in)- but do not log in to Chrome Desktop
- Press the <esc> <F3> & <power> buttons at the same time.
- Release the power button when the device goes black – but continue to hold the other buttons until the chrome error screen (“Chrome OS is missing or damaged”) appears and then release them also. This is the “Recovery Mode” screen.
- download this http://wayneward.co.uk/downloads/linux_recovery.sh
- sudo chmod 755 linux_recovery.sh
- sudo bash linux_recovery.sh
- follow the prompts enter the model in capitals as seen on the screen
- select sd card (wipes data)
- insert card into chromebook and reinstall